The 1st MEED Dubai Clean Energy Forum
The 1st MEED Dubai Clean Energy Forum organised in association with Dubai Electricity & Water Authority (DEWA) will be the definitive event for all those seeking to participate in the Emirate’s drive toward reducing energy consumption through the use of solar and clean energy technologies to meet the UAE’s 2020 energy challenge and beyond.
What opportunities exist for investors in Dubai’s clean energy markets:
The event will showcase the action DEWA are taking to adopt cutting-edge technologies and applications to ensure that every project delivered as part of Dubai’s Integrated Energy Strategy will meet the highest clean energy criteria. This programme includes the challenges of gearing up to deliver World Expo 2020. The conference comes at a pivotal time for Dubai as it opens its power sector to the private sector with 2 high-profiles IPP Projects (100MW second phase of the Mohammed bin Rashid al-Maktoum Solar Park and the 1,200MW clean coal power plant project).
Benefits of attending
- Receive full details of how Dubai will engage the private sector on both Mohammed Bin Rashid Solar Park and Hassyan Clean Coal Project
- Understand the emirate’s vision for rolling out a large-scale PV scheme in Dubai
- Assessing the track record of solar and other clean energy sources in the UAE
- Understand the sustainable legacy of World Expo 2020 for Dubai
Key facts about the Dubai power market:
- 2200 Mega Watt will be procured privately at a cost of $2bn
- 5% of Dubai’s energy mix must be derived from solar sources by 2030
- AED20bn’s being invested by Dubai in projects related to World Expo 2020